Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Change of Format...

Hello All,

I have recently become very disallusioned with politics. In America, it seems Conservatives are imploding due to infighting and their basic failure to actually act Conservative. If the MSM actually wins this debtate and puts a Democrat in the Whitehouse, I will face 4 to 8 years of merciless hazing at the lands of the radical left. And by radical left I mean friends, professors and in-laws. W has abandoned his base and is flirting with becoming a prettier Hilary. The only brightspot on the political landscape is Stephen Harper. Wow, this guy is so impressive. From his talking down to the media, to one liners in Question period to his increasingly stiff backbone, this dude has it all.

Alas, his unleashing of a conservative tide on Canada is not enough to bolster my flagging spirits. So for the next few weeks, Two Conservative Canadians will become yet another Oiler blog.

I am officially Cup Crazy and enraptured with my team's performance thus far in the Stanley Cup playoffs. They have shown an immense sense of pride, grit and have exhibited a deepness unseen in Northern Alberta since about 1992.

They play hurt, they play tough and they play to win. They are even exhibiting a killer instinct, something I did not know they possessed.

Game 6 against the Sharks goes tonight, in about 3.75 hours. I am giddy like a school girl to get home, lose the tie and throw on the retro 80s jersey. It is going to be a crazy game, and I imagine they Oiler faithful will blow the roof right off of Rexall.

Todd Harvey checks into the lineup tonight in place of Brad Winchester. I am not 100% sold on changing a winning formula, but Harvey is a veteran presence and likely wouldnt mind sticking it to his old team. I think he will be a valuable commodity should the game be a long and drawn out or nasty affair. Winchester is big and fast, but Harvey has grit written all over him.

The X-factor to this game, in my opinion, will be how the Sharks respond after folding like a cheap tent in Game 5. As has been suggested on other blogs, the feeling is that one or two quick goals will cause the Sharks to wash up on shore, so to speak.

I am predicting a 4-2 Oilers win, as that has been my prediction from Game 3 onward. I see the Oiler goals coming from Pronger, Smyth, Pisani and Stoll. I think we get 2 on the PP. I couldnt care less who scores the Sharks goals, though I would take a Thornton-Cheechoo combo to solidify my lead in my work draft.

Thats all for now!!! Lets Go Oilers, Lets Go! Win. Do it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Hit Counters
Shoes