Thursday, May 18, 2006

OILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WIN

That was so sweet. Words cannot express the pure elation that Game 6 brought to me. I havent had this experience since I was 16 and we lost to the Blackhawks (Can you believe anyone used to lose to them?) in 1992.

What a game! Did anyone see the assload of breakaways? I dont even care that we tried 5-hole 6 times and didnt score, even though we have been beating Toskala like a rented mule up high. Whatever, the point is that we won, and didnt have to scramble and hold on for dear life like we usually do.

This team, in my opinion, is special. They went through that terrible losing streak in the early going, never went on a prolonged win streak, and fought goalie demons all year. Yet, they perservered and are now in the Conference finals. There isnt really anything else that can happen to these guys that will rattle them, I mean they block shots with their faces, how much do you think they care if "experts" dont pick them to win?

I cannot wait for the series to start. For the first time since I was a little kid, I do not watch Oiler games thinking about the lucky bounces they will need to win. They get pretty balanced scoring, and are monsters defensively. Roloson has becoming the steady presence between the pipes that they have needed for so long. I am feeling so good about this!

Kyle out!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Hit Counters
Shoes